- experienced a VERY painful infection at my drain spot
- had my drain removed after a month! thank God!
- lost the ability to straighten my left leg entirely
- developed a bad habit of keeping my weight on my right leg with my left knee bent
- worked to almost straighten my leg and reduce my limp
- freaked out doing lymphedemia research and experiencing swelling in my leg
- tried to find a suitable compression garment to aid swelling
- been more mad at God than ever before in my life
- cried and cried
- enjoyed my family in ways I never knew before
- started walking to get in shape after 4 weeks on dr ordered "leg rest"
- gained back the weight I lost between surgeries *see above 6 weeks on couch
- detoxed from 7 weeks of vicodin and percoset -that sucked, but I did it!
- turned 30
- been whisked away for a romantic weekend with my husband
- had 2 new dishwashers installed
- wished I could wake up from my nightmare
- hated how this is affecting my kids
- hidden from people who love me
- read a life changing article from John Piper called "Don't Waste Your Cancer"
- been overwhelmed at the information i wanted to share here
- watched WAY too much TV
- found out my lymph nodes were free of cancer other than the original one they removed
- wanted my healthy lymph nodes back
- dreaded the year of treatment that feels like it's never going to start
- made an appointment for Dec 9 with the oncologist who will plan my treatment
- hoped to start treatment the next Monday because I want it BEHIND ME!!!
- realized I'll probably miss Christmas because of this, but I just want it done
- received a ton of love from family and friends in the form of phone calls and mail. thanks.
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yetStill wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something