My dear ABF friends, here is your "homework" for next week.
- Talk to your spouse and decide what you want your Jesse tree to look like. Remember it can be a small tree, a branch, posterboard, your regular Christmas tree, a wreath, whatever suits you! There are a few examples of Jesse trees in the link list below.
- Please bring what you are going to use with you to ABF next week. For example, if you want to make your ornaments out of felt, please bring the felt and glue with you for our project day. I will make sure we have cardstock copies of what I used in ABF this week as well as crayons and markers, so if that is what you'd like to use to begin your tree, just bring yourself!
- Remember, this year could just be a start for your tree. This is a tradition you can add on to easily year by year.
Links to more Jesse Tree information and ideas
- Jesse Tree devotions and patterns(these are the symbols and readings I'm providing in ABF) http://www.rca.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=1628&srcid=1602
- Great Biblical Overview of the history of Jesse Trees http://www.cresourcei.org/jesse.html
- Another example as well as additional patterns http://www.domestic-church.com/CONTENT.DCC/19971201/FRIDGE/FRIDGE1.HTM
- More pictures of beautiful Jesse Trees http://www.jesse-tree.com/
Some books about Jesse Trees
- Patterns for Jesse tree symbols http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=7214394&event=61984SBF|141216|55020
- Stories to share about the Jesse Tree http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=52884&event=55020CRS|1219782|55020#curr
- Jesse Tree Readings (includes devotionals for both adults and children) http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=7009081&event=61984SBF|122589|55020#curr