Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Whoo hoo!

When Abby was born, my parents gave us the fabulous gift of 4 house cleanings done by one of the sweetest women I've met, Symone. She really blessed us in my very difficult recovery from Abby's arrival. We hired her to clean every other week after our "gift cleanings" were done. In December I was feeling more in the swing of taking care of two kids and we really didn't have it in the budget to have Symone continue to clean, so we sadly parted ways.

Two weeks ago, I recieved a call from Symone asking if we could exchange services! She has a fourth grade son who needs some extra help in reading. So, I am going to tutor in exchange for cleaning! We are both thrilled with our arrangement. I am excited to use some of my rusty teaching skills and she is excited to have tutoring for her son. I think I have the better end of the deal, but she seems honestly happy with the arrangement!

There are some additional benefits as well. Totoring twice a week will give me some routine in my Tuesdays and Thursdays. And with "guests" in the house twice a week, I will have initiative to keep the house picked up between cleanings.

This isn't something we needed, but it is a sweet blessing to our family and me. It also allows me to feel confident about taking on some of the additional responsibilities at church that Danny and I have recently agreed to take on.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I am so thankful to be His daughter and that He expresses His love to me in such a personal way.

1 comment:

Shereen said...

What a nice trade. That really sounds like a blessing. That's a really nice gift to give someone after having a baby as well. Thanks for sharing . I like the new look of your blog. The children are growing so quickly.