Monday, December 14, 2009

A Mommy timeout from the policeman


I got pulled over today for the first time in 10 years. 2nd time ever. Our tags expired in May '09 (my mouth dropped when he told me.) No registration in the glove compartment, proof of insurance expired 2 days ago... thankfully legally we're caught up, but my paperwork was sorely lacking. We misplaced the new tags back in May and just never thought about it. Thankfully the officer was super gracious and wrote me a warning. Scolded me for not ordering a new license with my current address (although it was changed in the system.) I cried, which drove ME crazy, but I was thankful for a warning and the chance to correct things before I got a ticket. I was trying to figure out how I was going to fit going to traffic school in with chemo (which prompted the tears.) I'm such a pleaser and have a more than healthy fear of authority, it's a BIG deal to be pulled over. I think I can laugh about the comedy of errors now.... I think!

In other good news, my lung function test went fine. I was a little below average, but I didn't tell the 50 year old man who was doing my test that my spanx I'm using to prevent my lymphedema swelling may have limited my breathing some. Teehee! 




Permalink

| Leave a comment  »

No comments: