Thursday, August 31, 2006

BFF (Best Friends Forever)

God has blessed me so richly through an incredible group of girlfriends and sisters in Christ. We meet weekly and are currently studying Second Timothy with the guidance of Kay Arthur and the book Walking in Power, Love and Discipline.

I'm thankful for the study, but I'm more thankful for the women I am journeying with. They have taught me so much about how to be a sister, a better wife, and a more patient mom. They hear my serious prayer requests as well as the silly ones. They listen even when I talk too much and love my unconditionally. I am beginning to recognize that not everyone has friendships like ours. Thank you girls. And thank you Lord of Hosts for caring enough to bless me with friends such as these!

Philippians 2:1-4 (NIV)

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

1 comment:

Shereen said...

Hi Martha, just copy and paste the code below into your template wherever you want it to appear in your blog. If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I can do it for you. This is the Kings James Version. They have other versions as well. If you want a different version, let me know.

Your comment box wouldn't allow me to copy and paste the HTML code. I can email it to you if you want. My email address is w8ng4him@bellsouth.net