Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Recipe Swap!

I'm joining Tammy at Tammy's Times for a soup recipe swap. It's finally been cool enough here to turn off the air conditioning so bring on the soups! Yesterday we had some dear friends over for dinner and I made yummy crockpot potato soup, a recipe I was given by Danny's Mom. The original source is First EV Free Women's Ministry here in Tucson.


Crockpot Potato Soup

6 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 chopped onion (I use the frozen kind- no tears!)
1-2 carrots (I leave out)
1-2 celery sticks (I sometimes leave out)
4 chicken bullion cubes
1 Tbs parsley
5 C water
1.5 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1/3 cup margerine or butter, cut into pats
13oz can evaporated milk

Place all ingredients except evaporated milk into crockpot with butter on top. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. During the last hour, stir in 1 13oz can evaporated milk.

Yummy and easy!

2 comments:

theups said...

Wow, this looks REALLY good!! I will HAVE to try this soon!!

His,
Mrs. U

Cherish the Home said...

This sounds very yummy and so easy, thanks!